The best thing about these website builders you can post your website for free and use its simple drag-and-drop system to your entire set these tools are proof that anyone can build a website!
With these cool features come some disadvantages as well:
- The domain name will contain the builder’s name in it and will look something like this: www.yourwebsite.wix.com, which does not look very professional.
- Advertisements, which you cannot control, will appear in your website sometimes.
- Scalability is poor, and if your website gains momentum and popularity, you will need to find alternatives.
With these limitations in mind, let’s take a look at some of the top free website builders that you can find on the web today.
- Jimdo has a variety of e-commerce tools that can help you if you have decided you want to sell products online. With their platform, you can track your inventory, track orders, and send emails to your customers and much more. Jimdo also offers to their user’s tag products to help them put up certain categories of products quickly and easily. As you can see, Jimdo is unique compared to other hosting providers, and if you are ready to sell online, Jimdo is the web building and hosting company for you.
- Their forum is made up of a diverse and large community that uses multiple languages. Their support will cover you no matter pretty much in whatever language you speak. Unlike most web-hosting providers, that offer support only in English, Jimdo supports more than eight languages, which is a huge plus for users who English, is not their first language.
- Jimdo has a limited number of professionally designed templates that they provide you. Unlike most other hosting providers, Jimdo’s are pretty standard and don’t have a lot of bells and whistles. They will provide additional templates upon request, and this is a billable option. So, if you want a variety of templates for use on your website you need to be a paying subscriber. They also have third-party affiliates who also will provide you with templates, and again these are not free, and you have to pay for them. So if you want professional templates that drawn the customers, this may not be the site for you unless you are willing to shell out some dough.
- Their advertisements used to be located on top of the site near the logo. Advertising is a rising trend with hosting providers who let you use their resources free. This is how they make money and offer you a free service at the same time. Since many users complained about the ad placement, Jimdo changed things a bit and started putting the ads at the bottom of the web page instead. You also do not have any control over what ads appear.
- Jimdo does not have any drag-and-drop features with their GUI. Other hosting providers do have drag-and-drop interfaces, which make it easier to build a website. However, Jimdo is not one of them. That does not mean it is not easy to build a website using Jimdo. It is very simple. However, if they had a drag-and-drop feature, this would make Jimdo much more attractive to users and even easier for you to get your website up and running.
Your Dream Website Awaits!
- The cPanel is user-friendly and is simple to work with. Webs did a great job designing their cPanel and their website builder; this allows you to build a website in only a matter of minutes. Also, they have a drag-and-drop feature that allows you to upload everything you want to your site. The builder is pretty fast and doesn’t freeze, unlike other hosting providers that are plagued with this problem. Modifications to your website are simple, and you can add modules or change them very quickly.
- There is also an option that allows you to build membership sites that go through their site. This feature is something that you don’t often see in the world of ISP and web hosting vendors. Webs offer a free of charge along with their website builder. Other ISPs offer to let you use an external membership Gateway service on your site for a fee. Webs, however, integrate it with your website. This is one of the biggest problems with external gateway services that provide the same service, as they often do not work seamlessly with the website builder you are using and things can go south in setting it up and using it. The other difficulty is you have to figure out how to install the membership site. With Webs the membership function will allow you to manage your members, to send group emails to members who subscribe to your site and much more. You have all the control over your members list, and it will help you gain more traffic in the long run. So, if you’re thinking about building a membership site, Webs is the right hosting provider for you and you should check it out as soon as possible and sign up for its free services.
- Their app store allows you to integrate many features along with third-party tools without any difficulties. Webs has a great app store that includes apps such as: SEO tools, Organizing tools, Designing tools and more.
- This is great for people who want to promote their websites or for individuals who don’t have the right tools to do it. In their app store, you can find tools that are free, which can help you out. However, if you can find a free one you can always find one little do the job and at a reasonable price as well. The installation process is simple, and in one click, you can install any of these apps anytime you want to.
- Webs only offers 40 templates to choose from. This is nothing compared to some of the other hosting providers that have a large number of templates that you can browse through. However, we do have to admit their templates are useful even though they have a limited number. But, if you can’t find the right model to fit your needs you could be in for some difficulties.
- Also, you can’t modify the HTML/CSS codes, and that’s a big issue for people who want to change the design as well as other features and options. Webs doesn’t give you any options to edit or write code. So, if you are a programmer or you want to hire a programmer to develop your website, webs is not the place for you. This applies to many of the other free hosting providers as well, and you’ll find it [email protected]. In our opinion, this shouldn’t be a problem because you can modify the template and other options without any need to resorting to HTML or CSS.
- The website builder is slow, so it will take a bit of time to build you your site. Their website is also slow, but their bandwidth and Internet connections are fast. Therefore, users will not notice any loss of speed when they view your web pages. The website builder hangs occasionally or does things in a slow manner. Webs has announced that it is working on the problem and it will be fixed shortly. In our opinion, this issue really should not affect your decision to building your website here. Because the important thing is how fast, do your web pages appear to your subscribers and they see what they’re looking for.
- We believe it is user-friendly. It is simple to build a website via their website builder, and they don’t make it too complicated by adding too many bells and whistles along with too many tools. Therefore, this means you can have a website up and running in under an hour with no difficulty.
- Weebly has mobile responsive templates, which can help you go with the in-crowd who wants to use their social media on their smartphones. By doing, this you catch the crest of the wave as almost everyone is going mobile these days and this increases your traffic as well. Also, Weebly does allow you to modify the CSS and HTML coding of your website, and this is ideal for users who want to modify and change the design to adapt to the user community.
- Weebly has more than 40 pre-set page layouts that can help you if you are having trouble choosing the design for your or layouts for your web pages. This is especially useful for people who never created a website before. You can use these designs as they are or change them as you see fit.
- All Weebly’s themes are pretty basic and limited so if you want to design a more complicated site with more bells and whistles. Weebly may not be the hosting platform you need. For example, you can include single page scrolling or page transitions and forget about background video players. If you want more than a bare-bones site, you will need to sign up with websites like Wix.
- Functions are limited in some of your selections and Weebly as many issues with some of their tools that they offer to their users. One problem area is the ability to highlight posts or pages. Your website will only have simple functions that you can use, and that’s insufficient for someone who wants to build a dynamic web experience.
- Wix has more than 600 templates that you can choose from, and you can create or customize your template as well with ease. You can also use templates that are finished yet and complete them or customize them in a matter of seconds. So if you want a professional website with custom templates, Wix is the host provider that you want to build your site with.
- Their GUI is straightforward and easy to use, basic functions like uploading to your website are simple and painless. Wix uses drag-and-drop, and its GUI, which means you can pick objects up move them around this allows you to put pictures and text exactly where you want them, and this also allows you to modify the look and feel of your web page at will. So, if you had problems in the past with uploading content and media to your website, Wix is the host for you.
- Support at this site is everywhere, and it is a major draw for users everywhere. They like the handholding and the ease with which things are done. Wix has unique features like a help button on every page; now you don’t have to fumble around trying to search to find help it’s there when you need it. Also, Wix support is only a phone call away and if you want to talk with someone to help you with your problems there available from 6 AM to 5 PM every day. If you have a problem outside these hours, you can call and leave a message, and someone will call you back during working hours. Of course, you can always register for their VIP plan, and their VIP team has a more flexible calling schedule and better options for getting you the support you would expect as you are a paying premium customer at that point.
- Wix puts their ads to the side and the bottom of your web page. This could be distracting to your user’s overall experience. If you want to remove them, you have to switch to a monthly payment plan and those of you that have worked with free hosting services in the past you know the reason why.
- Another drawback is once you choose a template you’re stuck with it. Therefore, you need to choose your model wisely before you make it your own..
- If you want to build an online store, Wix is not the place for you. You don’t get enough tools, and at this stage of the game, they have difficulties with confirmation emails and after an order is made. This is a serious issue because nowadays people want to see a confirmation email after ordering something. So if you’re going to be running an online store, this is something that will deter you from using Wix as your hosting provider for the immediate future.
- . Finally, Wix is not Google-friendly, as it is a free platform, there is little or no oversight on the type of websites that are created with it. Because of this flaw, Google’s search engine skips indexing most of Wix’s websites.
There you have it 4 free alternatives to WordPress, they have a variety of features that make them attractive to someone who wants to get a website up quickly, and they have little or no cash for web development. Each of them has positives as well as negatives, and you have to evaluate each one to see which one fits your needs. In any case, they all offer up a means to get your presence into the cloud with the minimum of fuss and muss and you don’t need to hire an expensive web developer to get you online. Having said that, however, if you find that your site is becoming popular and people are asking for more options than your current website is giving them. You may look upgrading your account to get additional features, or at switching to a hosting provider, that has more options and features.
This too, of course, takes you into the realm having to start paying for things at this point. Along with that, you will want to go with a more professional looking website as well. You will also at this stage need to start looking at outsourcing the design or learning web development skills yourself. This will then create for you the website that can cater to your subscriber’s needs and wants. However, for right now, you can get your feet wet building a website, and it doesn’t cost you one red cent to do so.